DynamicBible.com now lists the cross references for a Strong’s Number by the english word it was translated as, using Webster’s 1811 Lexicon.
Dynamic Bible now lets you lookup multiple passages at once using the semi-colon to delimit the list of refs. For example, John 3:16; Romans 3:23 will now show both verses in the results pane. In addition, you can also remove a passage from the result set if want by clicking on the red X to the left of the passage.
Clicking on results from a search now adds the verses to the results instead of replacing the previous result.
Thoughts and comments, bug reports and feature requests are appreciated, just add them to the comments or email me at jason (at) walljm.com
I’ve improved the ability to link to specific passages in the Ajax Bible. The passage header now links to the passage, so you can just copy the link and paste it into your blog post or web page. Additionally, the links to strongs numbers can also be copied, and when pasted into another web page will link back into the bible and display the correct strongs definition.
Here is a list of the new features:
Word Search: excluding a small list of very common words, you can now find references by search for key words. There is no implimentation for quotes or key words such as AND and OR. You can assume all words will use AND functionality. Much thanks go to Jeremy Wall for building the expat parser in perl to parse the bible and build the indexes I use for the word searches. I could have done it without him, but it would have been much more miserable for me, and my parser would have taken hours, not minutes like his.
Link In: You can now link into the AJAX Bible using <a href=’http://www.walljm.com/bible/?ref=John%203:16-17′>John 3:16</a>. Demonstrated here: John 3:16-17.
New UI: You will notice things look much prettier. Many thanks to Daniel Bergey for doing the redesign.
You can download the AJAX Bible and use it on your desktop if you like. Just unzip the files and run index.asp.
I have add greek morphology to the AJAX Bible. Thanks again to the Zephania Bible Project for providing source xml files. The Morphology is derived from Robinson’s Morphological Analysis Codes, and is linked to strongs numbers.
Next up: Greek NT based on the Textus Receptus source text, and Word Search!
A few weeks back I made some updates the the Ajax Bible (beta), fixing the bug that would break the strongs concordance when a word had more than one number attatched to it. Yesterday, I also added Prev and Next Chapter links, as well as Prev and Next book links for easier navigation.
Walljm.com || King James Bible with Strong’s Numbers and Cross References (AJAX Enabled) [beta]
I’ve made some updates. I moved things around so Strongs Definitions are easier to read, and I fixed the bug where some words have multiple strongs numbers, in which case it now lists all the definitions.
Slashdot | AjaxWrite to "Compete" with MS Word
The comments are worth scanning, as there is some scathing criticism (I know, not uncommon for any article on slashdot) of the app.
"The look, feel, and functionality of Microsoft Word, in a completely web-based AJAX platform."
Wudanbal has been working on an AJAX bible too. He only has Gen – Joshua. Perhaps I ought to try and convince him to help me with mine…
My code was messy so I cleaned it up and found several errors, one of which was preventing a large number of passages from coming back. The "Too Much Recursion" error has been fixed.
I’ve updated the Ajax Bible. It now displays all the references where a Strongs number is used in the bible.
It took my poor laptop 18 hours to parse out the OT, and about 6 hours to parse out the NT, but the Bible References for each Strongs Greek and Hebrew Number is finally done. This should enable me to add cross references to the strongs definitions in the AJAX Bible.
1 john 3:1
and so on. You can find the entry to the bible app on the Projects page. I will soon zip everything up for download, though you could get all the files you needed now.
There seems to be a bug in the reference parsing object. For some reason 1jn or 1john brings up references from revelation. The issue lies in my regex expressions. I’d be grateful if someone were to point out where the problem is. ;)
I found the error in the parsing object. It now works just fine.
If so, here is what it should do. It should take a string as an input, and return an object with four properties, Book, Chapter, Start Verse, End Verse.
Things to consider:
What to do when they don’t enter a chapter, or don’t enter a verse, or don’t enter a verse range. In each case, the object should figure out the verse range and populate it. So if a verse range isn’t given, and no verse is given, the object should return all the verses in the chapter.
What to do if they use a book abbreviation.
I’d be mighty grateful.
I put the bible reference parsing object I’m using in a seperate file. You can download it and check it out if you like. If you do impliment it, using the interface I did would make it easier to drop in.
Its not near completed. Read the Caveat’s on the page. The url is www.walljm.com/bible/. Tell me what you think, offer suggestions for improvement. All will be listened too, perhaps not all heeded, but at least listened too.
Ok, its late. I hope I don’t miss the last train, otherwise its going to be a long walk home. :)